Media Advisory: UPDATED roster of speakers for CMAprivacy on October 20
The Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) is pleased to announce that Gregory Smolynec, Deputy Commissioner, Policy and Promotion, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada will be joining its CMAprivacy event on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
CMAprivacy is Canada's premier annual event for marketers on breaking privacy developments. In 2020, top government and privacy experts will discuss Canada’s latest and most significant changes to its federal and provincial privacy laws, current and future privacy developments, and what they mean for marketers looking to embrace the benefits of data while maintaining consumer trust.
Attendees will learn about:
- Privacy law reform underway across the country, how privacy priorities have shifted during the COVID-19 pandemic and how marketers can stay resilient and prepared.
- The practical impacts on Canadian marketers regarding rules in other jurisdictions such as EU’s GDPR and California’s CCPA.
- Tips to ensure a compliant data-driven marketing strategy.
When: Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. ET
Where: Online. Registrations open.
- Amanda Maltby, General Manager, Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, Canada Post
- Chris Arrendale, Chief Privacy Officer, Trendline Interactive
- Cristina Onosé, Lead, Privacy Advocacy & Thought leadership, PWC Canada
- David Elder, Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer, Stikeman Elliot
- Deborah Evans, Chief Privacy Officer, Rogers
- Drew Weicker, Vice President, Sales, North America, Doubleverify
- Gregory Smolynec, Deputy Commissioner, Policy and Promotion, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Ruby Barber, Assistant General Counsel – Legal & Regulatory, Bell Canada
- Suzanne Costa, Chief operations Officer, Delvinia
- Suzanne Morin, VP, Enterprise Services Compliance & Chief Privacy Officer, Sunlife
About the Canadian Marketing Association
The CMA is the voice of the marketing profession in Canada. We serve more than 400 corporate, not-for-profit, public and post-secondary members, including Canada’s most prestigious brands. Our community also includes creative, media, and PR agencies, research firms, management consulting firms, technology companies and other suppliers to the marketing community. We support activities related to thought-leadership, professional development, consumer protection, and commercial success. We act as the primary advocate for marketing with governments, regulators and other stakeholders. Our Chartered Marketer (CM) designation ensures that marketing professionals are highly qualified and up to date with best practices. We champion self-regulatory standards, including the mandatory Canadian Marketing Code of Ethics and Standards.
For more information, to RSVP or to schedule an interview opportunity:
Shane Madill, Kaiser Lachance Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org