Thought Leadership Councils
Our Councils are comprised of thought leaders with diverse perspectives from brands, agencies or service providers. They come from a variety of sectors with significant expertise, usually with a minimum of eight years of experience in key areas of marketing. Council members must be marketers employed by a CMA member organization.
The Council term runs from September to August.
Some of the activities that Council members undertake include:
- Providing strategic insights and tools, including original content (articles, videos, webinars and white papers), to expose marketing professionals to new ideas and strengthen their ability to make a powerful impact on business in Canada,
- Helping to shape CMA events by providing guidance on themes and content and serving as moderators and panelists, and
- Promoting CMA thought leadership content and events through their networks and social channels.
Council members enjoy a number of unique benefits, including:
- Recognition as a senior marketing thought leader,
- Monthly discussions on key issues and emerging trends and subsequent opportunities to share these insights,
- Networking and relationship-building opportunities with other marketing professionals, and
- Waived application fees for the Executive Advanced Standing path of the Chartered Marketer (CM) designation.